Saturday, October 29, 2011

Week 7, scanography

Single scan, Original

After


 Collage scan


1. Fall face: October 29, 2011, 4:00; Spori building BYUI; Epson Expression 10000 XL; 300dpi
2-6. Poker: October 29, 2011, 4:15pm; Spori Building BYUI; Epson Expression 10000 XL; 300dpi

For the first scan I just placed a bunch of leafs and stuff on the scanner, then I put my face right next to the scanner, and then took the scan. In Photoshop I adjusted the levels I little to lighten it up, and I adjusted the vibrancy a little to make the red leafs look more bright.
For the poker picture I started by scanning in the cards, I scanned them all in at the same time. Then I did the cup, this was kind of hard because the cup kept moving, and for the first couple of tries you couldn't even see the cup, so I ended up putting a white paper over the cup so it wouldn't be so clear, then I was able to hold the cup still with my hand. That's why the cup is a little bit of a different color than the rest of the pictures in this collage. Then I scanned in the money, at first I tried to do dollar bills, turns out it's not okay to open that kind of image in Photoshop, so I scanned in coins instead.
 Then I took all four images into Photoshop. I used the card picture as the background, and selected the cup, and moved it onto the card picture, I copied that layer so there would be two cups in the picture. Then I selected the coins and put that onto the card picture, I copied both picture of the coins so that it would look like there was more money in the middle than on the outside. I used a mask to get rid of the coins that were cut of.

2 comments:

  1. Very Pretty! I love the pink flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scans Rebecca! I especially loved the one with the leaves and the face. It has a very fall appeal. I also really liked how you did your multiple scans. It looks like we just missed a fun poker game. Great use of rotation to make the scene exciting.

    ReplyDelete