Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 6, Portraits



1. Hope: October 20, 2011, 12:48; Bannack Montana; f/3.3; 1/15; Panasonic DMC-LZ8
2. Green chair: Oct. 20, 2011, 3:18; Bannack Montana; f/4.9; 1/20; Panasonic DMC-LZ8

For the first picture I took it standing by the window so the light wouldn't be shining right into the camera, but would still be shining on her. In Photoshop I did basic air brushing, eye sharpening and I tried something new this time, I used an empty layer to add a little blush and eye shadow. I brought the vibrancy way up so you could see the wall is actually yellow, then I masked it out over her so she wouldn't have crazy coloring. I also adjusted the levels a little.
For the second picture I liked the lighting on her, but it was really blown out behind her, so I did a color match, and then masked it out around her so the background would be darker, but she would stay the same. I did some air brushing and did the empty layer with blush and eyeshadow again. I lightened her hair by changing the picture to screen, then masking out everything but a little pit of her hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment