Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 6, Macro Abstract



1. Organ: Oct. 20, 2011, 2:31; Bannack Montana; f/3.3; 1/8; Panasonic DMC-LZ8
2. Tree Bark: Oct. 20, 2011, 2:23; Bannack Montana; f/3.3; 1/100; Panasonic DMC-LZ8

For the first shot I wanted a cool key shot, so I got really close and took a couple of shots with a low f stop. In Photoshop I adjusted the levels, and I adjusted the vibrancy to make the colors show more. I masked out certain areas that I wanted either lighter or darker, I also made it sepia, and lowered the opacity of the layer so there was still color in it. I made it black and white as well, and lowered the opacity quite a lot so there was only a hint of it left.
The tree picture I just took kinda fast, trying to get a good texture shot. In Photoshop I adjusted the vibrancy to make the yellow show more, and I adjusted the levels. Then I blended the two pictures together and reduced the opacity of the texture shot so it would only show a little.

1 comment: