Saturday, September 24, 2011

Week two; Blends and Type





1. Brick Wall: 9-21-2011, 6:26pm; Rexburg Idaho; f/4.0; 1/500; Panasonic DMC-LZ8
2. Light post: 9-20-2011, 7:32pm; Rexburg Idaho; f/5.7; 1/80; Panasonic DMC-LZ8
3. Blend of Light post and Brick Wall
4. Grow: 9-24-2011, 7:53am; Rexburg Idaho; f/8; 1/30; Panasonic DMC-LZ8
5. Grow, with type

For the light post blend I started with the picture of the light posts, I copied the picture and adjusted the levels so the sky would be darker with more detail. I then used a mask and black paint to uncover the trees so they would be lighter and have more color. To blend the brick wall onto it I just made sure that picture was the same size as the light post one, then copied it over. I then adjusted the opacity till it looked good. Then using another mask I uncovered the front lamp post to make it look like it was in front of the wall.
For the tree picture with type I started with the tree picture and adjusted the levels so it was a little lighter.  Than I added type that was a similar color to the berries in the tree. I copied the type, changed the size, made it italic and a lighter color. I used a mask and black paint to erase the type where the tree is. Then I added the title.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the morning road shot. I like how you used the light to tell a story. You underexposed it and i like it. It shows the morning feeling or first light. Really cool. Next I really like the idea of using a brick wall as a blend, it gives me some ideas for a shot that I will have to try, nice job on the editing! For the grow beautiful, perhaps i would lessen the amount of words - or try masking some, because it kind of creates a wall, also you can see the pattern in the text too. I would have perhaps given the tree a bit more space on the left for lead room, or maybe see the whole thing on the right. It feels a bit cramped. I do think you did a good job on the use of the top third, but to use the bottom and help the flow I think I would try the words on the bottom of the pic, just to see what it looked like. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the shot of the flower. It's very clear, and the color was a nice and vivid yellow. I really thought that the brick wall as a texture was really cool! I would have brought the opacity down a little bit so it looks less like a brick wall and more like a texture, but I think it overall has a really cool effect. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete