Monday, September 19, 2011

Cutouts






1. White flower: 8-11-09 12:11pm; Salt Lake City; f/5.9; 1/160 sec; Panasonic DMC-LZ8
2. little girl: 8-11-09 12:09pm; Salt Lake City; f/5.9; 1/160 sec; Panasonic DMC-LZ8

In order to do the full cutout I selected the flower and leaf using the direct select tool, I than used the lasso tool to make the selection more precise. I than reversed the selection, and erased everything but the flower. I than used the paintbrush to add a black background. For the little girl I did the same thing only I did a partial cutout. I also made the edge softer by lowering the hardness of the eraser.



2 comments:

  1. Rebekah,
    Your daisy cut out was very impressive, especially because it was so small! I love the background ad I feel many people would want to use it! Great job. Also the little girl partial is great! Can't wait to see your next work!
    Cassie Brady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the cutouts!! They are awesome! I really like the pic of the Girl - and the cut out is really great!

    ReplyDelete