Friday, November 11, 2011

Poster

Lily: October 8, 2011, 3:20pm; BYUI gardens; f/5.7; 1/30sec; Panasonic DMC-LZ8; Mode-Pattern

I chose this image because it made me think of summer and things being alive, it also really reminded me of Mont, who I love. I took this picture by getting as close as I could, which was still kind of far away, and then zooming in. I wanted to get the reflection as well as the the flower and lily pads, so I was careful to leave enough room for the reflection to fit into the picture.  The editing I did on this was pretty basic. I adjusted the saturation to make the blue and green brighter. I adjusted the levels quite a lot because the flower in the middle was a little blown out, so I adjusted it until the flower was where I wanted it to be, then I went and masked out the areas that didn't need as much darkening. I used a smart filter to sharpen up the image. I sharpened it the most on the flower so that would be the main focus of the picture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment